Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting Started -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using reViSiT for CC VST control - HelP
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting StartedMessage format

Anonymous 1
Posted 2006-03-23 7:06 PM (#13240)
Subject: Using reViSiT for CC VST control - HelP

Hi there,

What a neat program. Sorry for the nooobuie post however I do need a tad bit of assisstance.

I'm Trying to control a VST's say CC 85 (range 5 - 100). How can I input this data in reViSiT? is it in the Pattern editor?

Please could you detail the steps for me.

Thanks much,

O
Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chrisnash
Posted 2006-03-23 7:44 PM (#13241 - in reply to #13240)

Developer

Hi Anon1,

To control a VST plug-in with MIDI CC# (Control Change) messages, you need to set up an instrument to handle that CC number.

1) Go into the "Instrument List" (F4), select the "Pitch/MIDI" tab or an instrument and make sure MIDI "Output" is enabled.
2) In the same screen, click "MIDI Settings". You will be presented with something like this: http://www.nashnet.co.uk/english/revisit/revisit0876.jpg
3) Change one of the MIDI Effects (0 = 0xx, 1 = 1xx) to the CC# you want to control - in your case CC#85.

Now, you can enter data in the pattern editor:

4) You will need to start a note of that instrument for the MIDI effect messages to be transmitted (otherwise reViSiT doesn' t know which instrument's settings to use!).
5) Then use the effect column to trigger the effect you just set up. eg. the 0xx effect. The effect 000 would send CC#85 with parameter 0 - 07F would send it with parameter 127 (note the use of hexadecimal).

Note: some CC# controls require two messages to be sent - an LSB and an MSB. If so, you'll have to set-up a seperate MIDI effect for each and use two pattern channels to send each message. I think, however, that you only need the one for now.

I hope this helps - let me know if you need more help.

All the best,
Chris

Anonymous 2
Posted 2006-03-23 7:48 PM (#13242 - in reply to #13241)

Wow that was quick. Thanks for the detailed answer. I will give this a try real soon.

Thankyou !
Anonymous
Posted 2006-03-23 8:12 PM (#13243 - in reply to #13242)

Oh I see. I undestand how to do this now.

I was going to ask another question but I think I'll read through the help section and toy around.

Thanks again,

O
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)