Forums supporting
reViSiT (http://revisit.info)
and MIVI (http://mivi.nashnet.co.uk)
nashNET Forums ->  reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting Started -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

VSTi and MIDI channel
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   reViSiT - Tracking Software for VST hosts -> Getting StartedMessage format

Kuba
Posted 2007-05-26 4:16 PM (#13889)
Subject: VSTi and MIDI channel

Hi, I am sorry if this is a little stupid question, but I am not able to hanlde it myself.
I am trying this soft and I am absolutely amazed, this is what I was looking for... but... one thing:

I use revisit to control VSTi and this is it... I am not able to find out how to sent channel nr. , everytime it just plays only sample on channel 1.

I use cubase sx3 and for examle SampleTank...... In ST a have 16 midi channel and on each I want different sample to be paleyed.

My opinion was that 01:Channel 01 - just plays on MIDI channel 1, 02:Channel 02 on MIDI ch 2 and so on.. BUT it doesnt.

I could use for each sample new revisit... BUT than i loose everything about tracking...

than you very much.
Jakub

Bookmark and Share Top of the page Bottom of the page
CS_TBL
Posted 2007-05-26 5:44 PM (#13890 - in reply to #13889)
Subject: Re: VSTi and MIDI channel

Expert

hmm let's guess

* you have both reViSiT and some VSTi in the VST list
* you create a new midi channel in the tracks-panel of a new cubase project (that thing on the left)
* the IN of that midi channel comes from 'reViSiT', the OUT goes to the VSTi (Halion, VSampler3, Sampletank etc.)
* the CHN of that miditrack is set to: 'ANY'

Afaik this should work.

btw, atm iirc multiple instances of revisit don't work. They might work visually, but iirc not audiowise.
Kuba
Posted 2007-05-26 8:36 PM (#13891 - in reply to #13890)

yes... this is exaxtcly the setting, but it doestn work.

I wonder... how cubase rocognize the midi channel of note that revisit sent to it????
OR
Were in revisit is defined "this note is MIDI CH nr. xx"

???

I think this is the question

Jakub
CS_TBL
Posted 2007-05-26 9:08 PM (#13892 - in reply to #13891)

Expert

In the instrumentscreen (f4), the midi tab. There you can set the midi channel and the midi device.
Kuba
Posted 2007-05-26 10:19 PM (#13893 - in reply to #13892)

yes, I know... but, here, I can set midi channel 1 OR channel 2 OR.... to 16

it means that ALL notes send from revisit to cubase play on channel 1 OR 2 and so on.... to 16, but still in the VSTi plays only one sample... the one it is asingned to channel 1 or 2 ...... 16

but I need by ONE revisit handle ALL 16 channles at same time....

kuba
Posted 2007-05-26 10:24 PM (#13894 - in reply to #13893)

say different:

How to (in revisit) asign different midi channel to different notes in same pattern editor.
CS_TBL
Posted 2007-05-26 11:46 PM (#13895 - in reply to #13889)

Expert

hm.. I don't think that can be done from revisit itself. For something like that you're likely to have to configure your tracks in cubase itself.
chrisnash
Posted 2007-05-27 1:10 AM (#13896 - in reply to #13895)

Developer

Hi there,

It's important to recognise that reViSiT's channels (01:Channel 1, 02:Channel 2, etc.) are not MIDI channels, just "tracker" channels. To control different MIDI channels/instruments (and thus different VSTi plug-ins), you must set up different reViSiT Instruments, each with their own MIDI channel.

So you could have Instrument 01 using MIDI channel 1, Instrument 02 using MIDI channel 2, etc. Then, if you want the tracker channels, 01:Channel and 02:Channel 2 to match MIDI Channel 1 and 2 respectively, you have to make sure you're using the right reViSiT instrument in the right reViSiT tracker channel. I.E. You have to use Instrument 1 in tracker channel 01:Channel 1 and Instrument 2 in tracker channel 02:Channel 02.

Of course, you don't have to. You could use both Instruments 1 and 2 in tracker channels 01:Channel 1 and reViSiT will still route to MIDI Channel 1 and 2, because it is the instrument that determines the MIDI channel.

So, you could set up Instruments 1-16 to use MIDI Channel 1-16 respectively. This way you can change the MIDI channel from note to note by editing the Instrument entry of the note row. For example, enter C-5 01 -- .00 anywhere in the pattern and MIDI Channel 1 will be used; similarly, C-5 02 -- .00 will use MIDI channel 2.

I hope I understood you correctly - let me know if I didn't.

All the best,
Chris
kuba
Posted 2007-05-27 10:16 AM (#13898 - in reply to #13896)

Chris, this is it. it works pretty fine!!

THANK YOU.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)